In this article we reviewed literature related to creative self-efficacy in the field of education. We narrowed down the review to eighty-eight articles. We formed categories according to (1) publication year, (2) country of study, (3) sample/study group, (4) method used, and (5) subject matter addressed. The first study was published in 2004. The frequency of publications increased in the last three years. USA, China, and Taiwan are the leading countries in terms of origin of published articles. Except four inter-cultural studies, all others were conducted in a single country. About half of the studies were conducted with K-12 students and teachers, and the remaining focused on higher education students and instructors. Mostly quantitative methods have been utilized. Lastly, we categorized the issues tackled into nine themes. Researchers gave a heavy emphasis on investigating creativity/creativity indicators, individual/environmental factors and less emphasis on academic performance in relation to creative self-efficacy.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Article Type: Review Article
EURASIA J Math Sci Tech Ed, 2021, Volume 17, Issue 12, Article No: em2050
Publication date: 02 Dec 2021
Article Views: 1592
Article Downloads: 1781Open Access Disclosures References How to cite this article
Declaration of Conflict of Interest: No conflict of interest is declared by author(s).
Data sharing statement: Data supporting the findings and conclusions are available upon request from the corresponding author(s).
- Abbott, D. H. (2010). Constructing a creative self-efficacy inventory: A mixed methods inquiry (Doctoral dissertation). The University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE.
- Al-Dhaimat, Y., Albdour, N. T., & Alshraideh, M. (2020). Creative self-efficacy and its’ relationship to intellectual stress among gifted students at the Jubilee School. World Journal of Education, 10(3), 208-219. https://doi.org/10.5430/wje.v10n3p208
- Alotaibi, K. N. (2016). Psychometric properties of creative self-efficacy inventory among distinguished students in Saudi Arabian universities. Psychological Reports, 118(3), 902-917. https://doi.org/10.1177/0033294116646021
- Alt, D., & Raichel, N. (2020). Enhancing perceived digital literacy skills and creative self-concept through gamified learning environments: Insights from a longitudinal study. International Journal of Educational Research, 101, 101561. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2020.101561
- Anderson, R. C., & Graham, M. (2021). Creative potential in flux: The leading role of originality during early adolescent development. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 40, 100816. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2021.100816
- Atabek, O. (2020). Adaptation of creative self-efficacy scale into Turkish language. World Journal on Educational Technology: Current Issues, 12(2), 84-97. https://doi.org/10.18844/wjet.v12i2.4639
- Atwood, S. A., & Pretz, J. E. (2016). Creativity as a factor in persistence and academic achievement of engineering undergraduates. Journal of Engineering Education, 105(4), 540-559. https://doi.org/10.1002/jee.20130
- Atwood-Blaine, D., Rule, A. C., & Walker, J. (2019). Creative self-efficacy of children aged 9-14 in a science center using a situated mobile game. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 33, 100580. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2019.100580
- Aylesworth, A., & Cleary, R. (2020). Reawakening creativity for business leaders: Removing obstacles. Journal of Education for Business, 95(4), 248-254. https://doi.org/10.1080/08832323.2019.1632780
- Bandura, A. (1997). Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. Freeman and Co.
- Beghetto, R. A. (2006). Creative self-efficacy: Correlates in middle and secondary students. Creativity Research Journal, 18(4), 447-457. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326934crj1804_4
- Beghetto, R. A. (2007). Factors associated with middle and secondary students’ perceived science competence. Journal of Research in Science Teaching: The Official Journal of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching, 44(6), 800-814. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.20166
- Beghetto, R. A. (2009). Correlates of intellectual risk taking in elementary school science. Journal of Research in Science Teaching: The Official Journal of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching, 46(2), 210-223. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.20270
- Beghetto, R. A., & Baxter, J. A. (2012). Exploring student beliefs and understanding in elementary science and mathematics. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 49(7), 942-960. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.21018
- Beghetto, R. A. (2013). Nurturing creativity in the micro-moments of the classroom. In K. H. Kim, J. C. Kaufman, J. Baer, & B. Sriraman (Eds.), Creatively gifted students are not like other gifted students: research, theory, and practice (pp. 3-16). Sense Publishers.
- Bicer, A., Lee, Y., Perihan, C., Capraro, M. M., & Capraro, R. M. (2020). Considering mathematical creative self-efficacy with problem posing as a measure of mathematical creativity. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 105(3), 457-485. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10649-020-09995-8
- Boden, M. (2009). Creativity: How does it work?. In The idea of creativity (pp. 235-250). Brill. https://doi.org/10.1163/ej.9789004174443.i-348.74
- Broekhoven, K. V., Cropley, D., & Seegers, P. (2020). Differences in creativity across Art and STEM students: We are more alike than unalike. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 38, 100707. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2020.100707
- Byrge, C., & Tang, C. (2015). Embodied creativity training: Effects on creative self-efficacy and creative production. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 16, 51-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2015.01.002
- Cayirdag, N. (2016). The relationship among creative (Mis) fit, college culture, creative and academic self-efficacy. Educational Research and Reviews, 11(15), 1382-1390. https://doi.org/10.5897/ERR2016.2828
- Cayirdag, N. (2017). Creativity fostering teaching: Impact of creative self-efficacy and teacher efficacy. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice, 17(6), 1959-1975. https://doi.org/10.12738/estp.2017.6.0437
- Chand, V. S., Kuril, S., Deshmukh, K. S., & Avadhanam, R. M. (2020). Assessing teacher innovations: expert versus peer ratings. International Journal of Educational Management, 35(2), 467-482. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEM-04-2020-0185
- Chang, S. H., Wang, C. L., & Lee, J. C. (2016). Do award-winning experiences benefit students’ creative self-efficacy and creativity? The moderated mediation effects of perceived school support for creativity. Learning and Individual Differences, 51, 291-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2016.09.011
- Chang, Y. C. (2018). Analyzing the moderating effect of knowledge innovation of tourism and hospitality department teachers on student creative self-efficacy and innovation behaviors by using hierarchical linear modeling. Cogent Education, 5(1), 1535755. https://doi.org/10.1080/2331186X.2018.1535755
- Chang, Y. C., & Jaisook, N. (2020). Differences in the influence of aesthetic experience on the innovative behaviors of Thai students and Chinese international students. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, 13(3), 900-913. https://doi.org/10.1108/JARHE-05-2020-0133
- Chang, Y. S., Chen, M. Y. C., Chuang, M. J., & Chou, C. H. (2019). Improving creative self-efficacy and performance through computer-aided design application. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 31, 103-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2018.11.007
- Chang, Y. S., Kao, J. Y., Wang, Y. Y., & Huang, S. C. (2021). Effects of cloud-based learning on student’s engineering design creativity with different creative self-efficacy. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 40, 100813. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2021.100813
- Chen, T., Peng, L., Jing, B., Wu, C., Yang, J., & Cong, G. (2020). The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on user experience with online education platforms in China. Sustainability, 12(18), 7329. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12187329
- Choi, J. N. (2004). Individual and contextual predictors of creative performance: The mediating role of psychological processes. Creativity Research Journal, 16(2-3), 187-199. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2004.9651452
- Condron, P. (2016). An introduction to systematic reviews, with examples from health sciences and medicine. https://unimelb.libguides.com/sysrev/inclusion-exclusion-criteria
- Cresswell, J. W., & Clark, V. L. P. (2007). Designing and conducting mixed methods research. Sage Publications.
- Cropley, A. J. (2011). Definitions of creativity. In M. A. Runco, & S. R. Pritzker (Eds.), Encyclopedia of creativity (pp. 511-524). Academic Press.
- De Acedo Lizarraga, M. L. S., De Acedo Baquedano, M. T. S., & Closas, A. H. (2014). An explanatory model regarding the relationships between psychological traits and creativity. Anales de Psicología, 30(1), 355-363. https://doi.org/10.6018/analesps.30.1.153781
- Du, K., Wang, Y., Ma, X., Luo, Z., Wang, L., & Shi, B. (2020). Achievement goals and creativity: the mediating role of creative self-efficacy. Educational Psychology, 40(10), 1249-1269. https://doi.org/10.1080/01443410.2020.1806210
- Forgeard, M. J., & Benson, L. (2019). Extracurricular involvement and psychological adjustment in the transition from adolescence to emerging adulthood: The role of mastery and creative self-efficacy. Applied Developmental Science, 23(1), 41-58. https://doi.org/10.1080/10888691.2017.1288124
- Fraenkel, J. R., Wallen, N. E., & Hyun, H. H. (2012). How to design and evaluate research in education (8th ed.). McGraw- Hill International Edition
- Gaziel, H., Ifanti, A. A., & Mendelevich, I. (2018). Antecedents of school teachers’ creativity at work. Educational Practice and Theory, 40(2), 71-83. https://doi.org/10.7459/ept/40.2.05
- Gralewski, J., & Jankowska, D. M. (2020). Do parenting styles matter? Perceived dimensions of parenting styles, creative abilities and creative self-beliefs in adolescents. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 38, 100709. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2020.100709
- Gu, J., He, C., & Liu, H. (2017). Supervisory styles and graduate student creativity: The mediating roles of creative self-efficacy and intrinsic motivation. Studies in Higher Education, 42(4), 721-742. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2015.1072149
- Guo, Y., Zhu, Y., & Zhang, L. (2019). Effect of core self-evaluations on research performance among Chinese university teachers. Current Psychology, 38(5), 1253-1257. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-017-9685-6
- Haase, J., Hoff, E. V., Hanel, P. H., & Innes-Ker, Å. (2018). A meta-analysis of the relation between creative self-efficacy and different creativity measurements. Creativity Research Journal, 30(1), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2018.1411436
- Hanif, S., Wijaya, A. F. C., & Winarno, N. (2019). Enhancing students’ creativity through STEM project-based learning. Journal of Science Learning, 2(2), 50-57.
- Hartley, K. A., Plucker, J. A., & Long, H. (2016). Creative self-efficacy and teacher ratings of student creativity in Chinese elementary classrooms. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 22, 142-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2016.10.001
- Hong, E., Hartzell, S. A., & Greene, M. T. (2009). Fostering creativity in the classroom: Effects of teachers’ epistemological beliefs, motivation, and goal orientation. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 43(3), 192-208. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2162-6057.2009.tb01314.x
- Hong, E., Peng, Y., & O’Neil Jr, H. F. (2014). Activities and accomplishments in various domains: Relationships with creative personality and creative motivation in adolescence. Roeper Review, 36(2), 92-103. https://doi.org/10.1080/02783193.2014.884199
- Hong, J. C., Ye, J. H., & Fan, J. Y. (2019). STEM in fashion design: The roles of creative self-efficacy and epistemic curiosity in creative performance. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(9), em1742. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/108455
- Huang, N. T., Chang, Y. S., & Chou, C. H. (2020). Effects of creative thinking, psychomotor skills, and creative self-efficacy on engineering design creativity. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 37, 100695. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2020.100695
- Huang, X., Lee, J. C. K., & Dong, X. (2019). Mapping the factors influencing creative teaching in mainland China: An exploratory study. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 31, 79-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2018.11.002
- Huang, X., Lee, J. C. K., & Yang, X. (2019). What really counts? Investigating the effects of creative role identity and self-efficacy on teachers’ attitudes towards the implementation of teaching for creativity. Teaching and Teacher Education, 84, 57-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2019.04.017
- Hung, S. P., & Lin, S. S. J. (2005). Self-efficacy about creativity: the development of questionnaire with confirmatory factor analysis [Poster presentation]. 113th annual convention of American psychological association.
- Hung, S. P. (2018). Validating the creative self-efficacy student scale with a Taiwanese sample: An item response theory-based investigation. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 27, 190-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2018.02.006
- Jiajun, G., Islam, A. A., Teo, T., & Spector, J. M. (2019). Computer-enabled visual creativity: An empirically based model with implications for learning and instruction. Instructional Science, 47(5), 609-625. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11251-019-09487-0
- Jaiswal, N. K., & Dhar, R. L. (2015). Transformational leadership, innovation climate, creative self-efficacy and employee creativity: A multilevel study. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 51, 30-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2015.07.002
- Karwowski, M. (2015). Peer effect on students’ creative self‐concept. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 49(3), 211-225. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.102
- Karwowski, M. (2016). The dynamics of creative self-concept: Changes and reciprocal relations between creative self-efficacy and creative personal identity. Creativity Research Journal, 28(1), 99-104. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2016.1125254
- Karwowski, M., & Barbot, B. (2016). Creative self-beliefs: Their nature, development, and correlates. In J. C. Kaufman & J. Baer (Eds.). Creativity and reason in cognitive development (pp. 302–326). Cambridge University Press. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139941969.016
- Karwowski, M., Gralewski, J., & Szumski, G. (2015). Teachers’ effect on students’ creative self-beliefs is moderated by students’ gender. Learning and Individual Differences, 44, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2015.10.001
- Karwowski, M., & Lebuda, I. (2016). The big five, the huge two, and creative self-beliefs: A meta-analysis. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 10(2), 214–232. https://doi.org/10.1037/aca0000035
- Katz-Buonincontro, J., Hass, R., & Perignat, E. (2020a). Measuring beliefs about teaching for creativity. Teachers College Record, 122(7), 1-22.
- Katz-Buonincontro, J., Hass, R., & Perignat, E. (2020b). Triangulating creativity: Examining discrepancies across self‐rated, quasi‐expert‐rated and verbalized creativity in arts‐based learning. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 54(4), 948-963. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.424
- Katz-Buonincontro, J., Hass, R., Kettler, T., Tang, L. M., & Hu, W. (2021). Partial measurement invariance of beliefs about teaching for creativity across US and Chinese educators. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 91(2), 563-583. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjep.12379
- Katz-Buonincontro, J., Hass, R., & Reiter-Palmon, R. (2016). To create or not to create? That is the question: Students’ beliefs about creativity. AERA Online Paper Repository.
- Kaufman, J. C. (2012). Counting the muses: development of the Kaufman domains of creativity scale (K-DOCS). Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 6(4), 298-308. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0029751
- Kong, S. C., Chiu, M. M., & Lai, M. (2018). A study of primary school students’ interest, collaboration attitude, and programming empowerment in computational thinking education. Computers & Education, 127, 178-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2018.08.026
- Kharkhurin, A. V. (2017). Does the eye of the beholder construct beauty? Contributions of self-efficacy factors to divergent thinking traits. Creativity Research Journal, 29(4), 370-376. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2017.1376493
- Lemons, G. (2010). Bar drinks, rugas, and gay pride parades: Is creative behavior a function of creative self-efficacy?. Creativity Research Journal, 22(2), 151-161. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2010.481502
- Li, C. H., & Wu, J. J. (2011). The structural relationships between optimism and innovative behavior: Understanding potential antecedents and mediating effects. Creativity Research Journal, 23(2), 119-128. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2011.571184
- Li, M., Liu, Y., Liu, L., & Wang, Z. (2017). Proactive personality and innovative work behavior: The mediating effects of affective states and creative self-efficacy in teachers. Current Psychology, 36(4), 697-706. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-016-9457-8
- Liang, C. C., & Yuan, Y. H. (2020). Exploring children’s creative self-efficacy affected by after-school program and parent–child relationships. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 2237. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.02237
- Lin, Y. J., & Wang, H. C. (2021). Using virtual reality to facilitate learners’ creative self-efficacy and intrinsic motivation in an EFL classroom. Education and Information Technologies, 26, 4487-4505. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-021-10472-9
- Lingke, K. O. N. G., & Chang, Y. C. (2019). The effect of teachers’ savoring on creative behaviors: Mediating effects of creative self-efficacy and aesthetic experience. International Journal of Educational Methodology, 5(3), 325-335. https://doi.org/10.12973/ijem.5.3.325
- Liu, C. C., Chen, W. C., Lin, H. M., & Huang, Y. Y. (2017). A remix-oriented approach to promoting student engagement in a long-term participatory learning program. Computers & Education, 110, 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.03.002
- Liu, C. C., Lu, K. H., Wu, L. Y., & Tsai, C. C. (2016). The impact of peer review on creative self-efficacy and learning performance in Web 2.0 learning activities. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 19(2), 286-297.
- Liu, C. C., Wu, L. Y., Chen, Z. M., Tsai, C. C., & Lin, H. M. (2014). The effect of story grammars on creative self‐efficacy and digital storytelling. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 30(5), 450-464. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcal.12059
- Liu, X. X., Gong, S. Y., Zhang, H. P., Yu, Q. L., & Zhou, Z. J. (2021). Perceived teacher support and creative self-efficacy: The mediating roles of autonomous motivation and achievement emotions in Chinese junior high school students. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 39, 100752. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2020.100752
- Locke, E. A. (1997). Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. Personnel Psychology, 50(3), 801-804.
- Mathisen, G. E., & Bronnick, K. S. (2009). Creative self-efficacy: An intervention study. International Journal of Educational Research, 48(1), 21-29. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2009.02.009
- Meinel, M., Wagner, T. F., Baccarella, C. V., & Voigt, K. I. (2019). Exploring the effects of creativity training on creative performance and creative self‐efficacy: Evidence from a longitudinal study. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 53(4), 546-558. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.234
- Miles, M. B., & Huberman, A. M. (1994). Qualitative data analysis: An expanded sourcebook. Sage.
- Ohly, S., Plückthun, L., & Kissel, D. (2017). Developing students’ creative self-efficacy based on design-thinking: Evaluation of an elective university course. Psychology Learning & Teaching, 16(1), 125-132. https://doi.org/10.1177/1475725716681714
- Ovbiagbonhia, A. R., Kollöffel, B., & Den Brok, P. (2020). Teaching for innovation competence in higher education Built Environment engineering classrooms: Teachers’ beliefs and perceptions of the learning environment. European Journal of Engineering Education, 45(6), 917-936. https://doi.org/10.1080/03043797.2020.1784097
- Oxman, A. D. (1994). Systematic reviews: Checklists for review articles. British Medical Journal, 309(6955), 648-651. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.309.6955.648
- Paek, S. H., Park, H., Runco, M. A., & Choe, H. S. (2016). The contribution of ideational behavior to creative extracurricular activities. Creativity Research Journal, 28(2), 144-148. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2016.1162547
- Park, N. K., Jang, W., Thomas, E. L., & Smith, J. (2021). How to organize creative and innovative teams: creative self-efficacy and innovative team performance. Creativity Research Journal, 33(2), 168-179. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2020.1842010
- Petticrew, M., & Roberts, H. (2006). Systematic reviews in the social sciences: A practical guide. Blackwell Publishing.
- Pretz, J. E., & Kaufman, J. C. (2017). Do traditional admissions criteria reflect applicant creativity?. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 51(3), 240-251. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.120
- Puente-Díaz, R. (2016). Creative self-efficacy: An exploration of its antecedents, consequences, and applied implications. The Journal of Psychology, 150(2), 175-195. https://doi.org/10.1080/00223980.2015.1051498
- Puente-Díaz, R., & Cavazos-Arroyo, J. (2017a). Creative self-efficacy: The influence of affective states and social persuasion as antecedents and imagination and divergent thinking as consequences. Creativity Research Journal, 29(3), 304-312. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2017.1360067
- Puente-Díaz, R., & Cavazos-Arroyo, J. (2017b). The influence of creative mindsets on achievement goals, enjoyment, creative self-efficacy and performance among business students. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 24, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2017.02.007
- Puente-Díaz, R., & Cavazos-Arroyo, J. (2017c). Creative self-efficacy: The role of self-regulation for schoolwork and boredom as antecedents, and divergent thinking as a consequence. Social Psychology of Education, 20(2), 347-359. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11218-017-9376-z
- Puente‐Díaz, R., & Cavazos‐Arroyo, J. (2018). An exploration of some antecedents and consequences of creative self‐efficacy among college students. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 52(3), 256-266. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.149
- Puente‐Díaz, R., & Cavazos‐Arroyo, J. (2020). Creative metacognitive feelings as a source of information for creative self‐efficacy, creativity potential, intrapersonal idea selection, and task enjoyment. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 54(3), 499-507. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.384
- Puente‐Díaz, R., Cavazos‐Arroyo, J., & Puerta‐Sierra, L. (2021). Idea generation, selection, and evaluation: A metacognitive approach. The Journal of Creative Behavior. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.505
- Puente‐Díaz, R., Toptas, S. D., Cavazos‐Arroyo, J., Wimschneider, C., & Brem, A. (2020). Creative potential and multicultural experiences: The mediating role of creative self‐efficacy. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 54(4), 815-823. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.408
- Qiang, R., Han, Q., Guo, Y., Bai, J., & Karwowski, M. (2020). Critical thinking disposition and scientific creativity: The mediating role of creative self‐efficacy. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 54(1), 90-99. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.347
- Redifer, J. L., Bae, C. L., & Zhao, Q. (2021). Self-efficacy and performance feedback: Impacts on cognitive load during creative thinking. Learning and Instruction, 71, 101395. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2020.101395
- Reiter-Palmon, R., Robinson-Morral, E. J., Kaufman, J. C., & Santo, J. B. (2012). Evaluation of self-perceptions of creativity: Is it a useful criterion?. Creativity Research Journal, 24(2-3), 107-114. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2012.676980
- Robbins, T. L., & Kegley, K. (2010). Playing with Thinkertoys to build creative abilities through online instruction. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 5(1), 40-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2009.07.001
- Royston, R., & Reiter‐Palmon, R. (2019). Creative self‐efficacy as mediator between creative mindsets and creative problem‐solving. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 53(4), 472-481. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.226
- Schott, C., Van Roekel, H., & Tummers, L. (2020). Teacher leadership: A systematic review, methodological quality assessment and conceptual framework. Educational Research Review, 100352. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.edurev.2020.100352
- Shin, S. J., Kim, T. Y., Lee, J. Y., & Bian, L. (2012). Cognitive team diversity and individual team member creativity: A cross-level interaction. Academy of Management Journal, 55(1), 197-212. https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2010.0270
- Sun, C., Zhou, Z., Yu, Q., Gong, S., Yi, L., & Cao, Y. (2021). Exploring the effect of perceived teacher support on multiple creativity tasks: Based on the expectancy–value model of achievement motivation. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 55(1), 15-24. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.430
- Tan, C. S., Tan, S. A., Cheng, S. M., Hashim, I. H. M., & Ong, A. W. H. (2021). Development and preliminary validation of the 20-item Kaufman domains of Creativity Scale for use with Malaysian populations. Current Psychology, 40(4), 1946-1957. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-019-0124-8
- Tang, M., & Werner, C. H. (2017). An interdisciplinary and intercultural approach to creativity and innovation: Evaluation of the EMCI ERASMUS intensive program. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 24, 268-278. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2017.04.001
- Tang, M., Hu, W., & Zhang, H. (2017). Creative self-efficacy from the Chinese perspective: Review of studies in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore. In M. Karwowski, & J. C. Kaufman (Eds.), The creative self (pp. 237-257). Academic Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-809790-8.00013-3
- Tarkar, P. (2020). Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on education system. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(9), 3812-3814.
- Taylor, C. L., Zaghi, A. E., Kaufman, J. C., Reis, S. M., & Renzulli, J. S. (2020). Characteristics of ADHD related to executive function: Differential predictions for creativity‐related traits. The Journal of Creative Behavior, 54(2), 350-362. https://doi.org/10.1002/jocb.370
- Tep, P., Maneewan, S., Chuathong, S., & Easter, M. A. (2021). The relationship between human values and creative ideation among undergraduate students: The role of creative self-efficacy. Cogent Psychology, 8(1), 1885575. https://doi.org/10.1080/23311908.2021.1885575
- Tierney, P., & Farmer, S. M. (2002). Creative self-efficacy: Its potential antecedents and relationship to creative performance. Academy of Management Journal, 45(6), 1137-1148. https://doi.org/10.5465/3069429
- Tierney, P., & Farmer, S. M. (2011). Creative self-efficacy development and creative performance over time. Journal of Applied Psychology, 96(2), 277. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0020952
- Vally, Z., Salloum, L., AlQedra, D., El Shazly, S., Albloshi, M., Alsheraifi, S., & Alkaabi, A. (2019). Examining the effects of creativity training on creative production, creative self-efficacy, and neuro-executive functioning. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 31, 70-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2018.11.003
- Woodcock, C. S., Shekhar, P., & Saad, A. H. (2019). Examining project-based entrepreneurship and engineering design course professional skills outcomes. The International Journal of Engineering Education, 35(2), 631-644.
- Yang, Y., Xu, X., Liu, W., & Pang, W. (2020). Hope and creative self-efficacy as sequential mediators in the relationship between family socioeconomic status and creativity. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 438. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.00438
- Zhang, H., Sun, C., Liu, X., Gong, S., Yu, Q., & Zhou, Z. (2020). Boys benefit more from teacher support: Effects of perceived teacher support on primary students’ creative thinking. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 37, 100680. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2020.100680
- Zheng, J., Wu, G., & Li, H. (2020). Motivating civil engineering students’ creativity: Actor–partner interdependence approach. Journal of Civil Engineering Education, 146(1), 04019002.
- Zhong, B., Kang, S., & Zhan, Z. (2020). Investigating the effect of reverse engineering pedagogy in K‐12 robotics education. Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 29(5), 1097-1111. https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22363
How to cite this article
Unal, A., & Tasar, M. F. (2021). A Systematic Review of Creative Self-Efficacy Literature in Education. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 17(12), em2050. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/11404
Unal A, Tasar MF. A Systematic Review of Creative Self-Efficacy Literature in Education. EURASIA J Math Sci Tech Ed. 2021;17(12):em2050. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/11404
Unal A, Tasar MF. A Systematic Review of Creative Self-Efficacy Literature in Education. EURASIA J Math Sci Tech Ed. 2021;17(12), em2050. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/11404
Unal, Aycin, and Mehmet Fatih Tasar. "A Systematic Review of Creative Self-Efficacy Literature in Education". Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education 2021 17 no. 12 (2021): em2050. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/11404
Unal, A., and Tasar, M. F. (2021). A Systematic Review of Creative Self-Efficacy Literature in Education. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 17(12), em2050. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/11404
Unal, Aycin et al. "A Systematic Review of Creative Self-Efficacy Literature in Education". Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, vol. 17, no. 12, 2021, em2050. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/11404