The relevance and feasibility of this study are determined by the absence of serious, scientific research, as well as teaching materials, when it comes to the use of Augmented Reality (AR) in teaching students and future teachers Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics (DGECG). The purpose of the study is to examine the current state of knowledge and practice of existing courses, which use the AR concept; to conduct a pedagogical experiment by teaching students how to create an information model of a building structure using the AR concept; to study the impact of the AR technology on students, lecturers, on the quality of students’ design works and project presentation. The research methods used were a set of various, complementing each other methods, which can be divided into two groups: 1) theoretical: analysis of the teachers’ and psychologists’ works on the point of the research, analysis of methodological and educational literature; empirical: observation, statement, pedagogical experiment. The authors synthesized qualitative and quantitative AR research in the field of education. A team of students from Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Kazan (Volga region) Federal University and Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation solved a design problem using AR and created an informational 3D-model of the structure. Existing methods of teaching students were supplemented and updated by the method of graphical presentation of the results, with due regard for AR-technologies. It has been found that at the present moment, the concept of AR has gained popularity not only among designers and planners, but also among schoolteachers, as well as among teachers at engineering universities. The absence of scientifically substantiated and proven programs and training materials for training students of DGECG using AR has also been confirmed. The necessity of further scientific research in the field of AR for DGECG has been substantiated. The article materials could prove to be useful for lecturers, schoolteachers and parents.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Article Type: Research Article
EURASIA J Math Sci Tech Ed, 2019, Volume 15, Issue 12, Article No: em1816
Publication date: 28 Oct 2019
Article Views: 2811
Article Downloads: 2989Open Access References How to cite this article
- Akçayır, G., & Akçayır, M. (2016). Research trends in social network sites’ educational use: A review of publications in all SSCI journals to 2015. Review of Education, 4(3), 293-319. https://doi.org/10.1002/rev3.3075.
- Akçayır, M., & Akçayır, G. (2017). Advantages and challenges associated with augmented reality for education: A systematic review of the literature. Educational Research Review, 20, 453-461. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.edurev.2016.11.002.
- Antonioli. M., Blake, C., & Sparks, K. (2014) Augmented reality applications in education. The Journal of Technology Studies, 40(1), 96-107. https://doi.org/10.21061/jots.v40i2.a.4.
- Argelia Aguilera González, N. (2015). How to Include Augmented Reality in Descriptive Geometry Teaching. Procedia Computer Science, 75, 250-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.12.245.
- Arvanitis, T. N., Petrou, A., Knight, J. F., Savas, S., Sotiriou, S., Gargalakos, M., & Gialouri, E. (2009). Human factors and qualitative pedagogical evaluation of a mobile augmented reality system for science education used by learners with physical disabilities. Personal and ubiquitous computing, 13(3), 243-250. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-007-0187-7.
- Augmented reality. (2019, September 29). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved on September 30, 2019 from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_reality.
- Augmented Reality: Mobile Architectural Applications of the Future. (2015, September 11). In Archspeech, the free electronic magazine. Retrieved on September 30, 2019 from https://archspeech.com/article/dopolnennaya-real-nost-mobil-nye-arhitekturnye-prilozheniya-budushhego.
- Azuma, R. (1997). A Survey of Augmented Reality. Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 6(4), 355-385. https://doi.org/10.1162/pres.19220.127.116.115.
- Azuma, R., Baillot, Y., Behringer, R., Feiner, S., Julier, S., & MacIntyre, B. (2001). Recent advances in augmented reality. Computer Graphics and Applications IEEE, 21(6), 34-47. https://doi.org/10.1109/38.963459.
- Bacca, J., Baldiris, S., Fabregat, R., & Graf, S. (2014). Augmented reality trends in education: A systematic review of research and applications. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 17(4), 133-149.
- Billinghurst, M., & Duenser, A. (2012). Augmented reality in the classroom. Computer, 45(7), 56 –63. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2012.111.
- Blum, T., Kleeberger, V., Bichlmeier, C., & Navab, N. (2012). Mirracle: an augmented reality magic mirror system for anatomy education. Virtual Reality Short Papers and Posters (VRW), 2012 IEEE, 115-116. https://doi.org/10.1109/VR.2012.6180909.
- Bressler, D., & Bodzin, A. (2013). A mixed methods assessment of students’ flow experiences during a mobile augmented reality science game. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 29(6), 505-517. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcal.12008.
- Bronack, S. C. (2011). The role of immersive media in online education. The Journal of Continuing Higher Education, 59(2), 113-117. https://doi.org/10.1080/07377363.2011.583186.
- Burton, E. P., Frazier, W., Annetta, L., Lamb, R., Cheng, R., & Chmiel, M. (2011). Modeling Augmented Reality Games with Preservice. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 19(3), 303-329.
- Cai, S., Chiang, F. K., & Wang, X. (2013). Using the augmented reality 3D technique for a convex imaging experiment in a physics course. International Journal of Engineering Education, 29(4), 856-865.
- Cai, S., Wang, X., & Chiang, F.K. (2014). A case study of augmented reality simulation system application in a chemistry course. Computers in Human Behavior, 37, 31-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2014.04.018.
- Cascales-Martínez, A., Martínez-Segura, M.J., Pérez-López, D., & Contero, M. (2017). Using an augmented reality enhanced tabletop system to promote learning of mathematics: A case study with students with special educational needs. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics Science and Technology Education, 13(2), 355-380. https://doi.org/10.12973/eurasia.2017.00621a.
- Caudell, T. P., & Mizell, D. W. (1992). Augmented reality: An application of heads-up display technology to manual manufacturing processes. Proceedings of the twenty-fifth Hawaii international conference on system sciences. https://doi.org/10.1109/HICSS.1992.183317.
- Chang, G., Morreale, P. A., & Medicherla, P. S. (2010). Applications of augmented reality systems in education. Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, 2010, 1380–1385.
- Chang, K.-E., Chang, C.-T., Hou, H.-T., Sung, Y.-T., Chao, H.-L., & Lee, C.-M. (2014). Development and behavioral pattern analysis of a mobile guide system with augmented reality for painting appreciation instruction in an art museum. Computers & Education, 71, 185-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2013.09.022.
- Chang, W., Tan, Q., & Tao, F.W. (2010). Multi-object oriented augmented reality for location-based adaptive mobile learning. Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), IEEE 10th International Conference, 450-451. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICALT.2010.130.
- Chang, Y.-J., Chen, C.-H., Huang, W.-T., & Huang, W. (2011). Investigating students’ perceived satisfaction, behavioral intention, and effectiveness of english learning using augmented reality. Multimedia and Expo (ICME), IEEE International Conference, 1-6.
- Chang, Y.-L., Hou, H.-T., Pan, C.-Y., Sung, Y.-T., & Chang, K.-E. (2015). Apply an augmented reality in a mobile guidance to increase sense of place for heritage places. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 18(2), 166-178.
- Chen, C.-M., & Tsai, Y.-N. (2012). Interactive augmented reality system for enhancing library instruction in elementary schools. Computers & Education, 59(2), 638-652. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2012.03.001.
- Chen, H., Feng, K., Mo, C., Cheng, S., Guo, Z., & Huang, Y. (2011). Application of Augmented Reality in Engineering Graphics Education. International Symposium on IT in Medicine and Education (ITME 2011), Vol. 2, Guangzhou, China, December 9-11, 362-365. https://doi.org/10.1109/ITiME.2011.6132125.
- Chen, Y.-C. (2006). A study of comparing the use of augmented reality and physical models in chemistry education. Proceedings of the 2006 ACM international conference on Virtual reality continuum and its applications, VRCIA, 369-372. https://doi.org/10.1145/1128923.1128990.
- Cheng, K.-H., & Tsai, C.-C. (2013). Affordances of augmented reality in science learning: Suggestions for future research. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 22(4), 449-462. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956-012-9405-9.
- Cheng, K.-H., & Tsai, C.-C. (2016). The interaction of child–parent shared reading with an augmented reality (AR) picture book and parents’ conceptions of AR learning. British Journal of Educational Technology, 47(1), 203-222. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjet.12228.
- Chiang, T. H. C., Yang, S. J. H., & Hwang, G. (2014b). Students’ online interactive patterns in augmented reality-based inquiry activities. Computers & Education, 78, 97-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2014.05.006.
- Chiang, T. H. C., Yang, S. J. H., & Hwang, G. (2014a). An Augmented Reality-based Mobile Learning System to Improve Students’ Learning Achievements and Motivations in Natural Science Inquiry Activities. Educational Technology & Society, 17(4), 352-365.
- Coffin, C., Bostandjiev, S., Ford, J., & Hollerer, T. H. (2008). Enhancing Classroom and Distance Learning Through Augmented Reality. EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology, 1140-1147.
- Corrêa, A. G. D., Ficheman, I. K., Nascimento, M., & Lopes, R. (2009). Computer Assisted Music Therapy: A Case Study of an Augmented Reality Musical System for Children with Cerebral Palsy Rehabilitation. Proceedings - 9th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT, 218-220. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICALT.2009.111.
- Dalim, C. S. C., Kolivand, H., Kadhim, H., Sunar, M. S., & Billinghurst, M. (2017). Factors Influencing the Acceptance of Augmented Reality in Education: A Review of the Literature. Journal of Computer Science, 13(11), 581-589. https://doi.org/10.3844/jcssp.2017.581.589.
- Davidsson, M., Johansson, D., &. Lindwall, K. (2012). Exploring the use of augmented reality to support science education in secondary schools. Wireless, Mobile and Ubiquitous Technology in Education (WMUTE), IEEE Seventh International Conference, 218–220. https://doi.org/10.1109/WMUTE.2012.52.
- Davies, R. S., Howell, S. L., & Petrie, J. A. (2010). A review of trends in distance education scholarship at research universities in North America, 1998-2007. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 11(3), 42-56. https://doi.org/10.19173/irrodl.v11i3.876.
- Dede, C. J. (2009). Immersive interfaces for engagement and learning. Science, 323(5910), 66-69. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1167311.
- Delello, J. A., McWhorter, R. R., & Camp, K. M. (2015). Integrating Augmented Reality in Higher Education: A Multidisciplinary Study of Student Perceptions. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 24(3), 209-233.
- Di Serio, A., Ibanez, M. B., & Kloos, C. D. (2013). Impact of an augmented reality system on students’ motivation for a visual art course. Computers & Education, 68, 586-596. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2012.03.002.
- Dunleavy, M., Dede, C., & Mitchell, R. (2009). Affordances and limitations of immersive participatory augmented reality simulations for teaching and learning. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 18(1), 7-22. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956-008-9119-1.
- El Sayed, N. A. M., Zayed, H. H., & Sharawy, M. I. (2011). ARSC: Augmented reality student card. Computers & Education, 56(4), 1045-1061. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2010.10.019.
- Ferrer-Torregrosa, J., Torralba, J., Jimenez, M.A., García, S. & Barcia, J.M. (2015). ARBOOK: Development and assessment of a tool based on augmented reality for Anatomy. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 24(1), 119-124. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956-014-9526-4.
- Garzón, J. & Pavón, J. & Baldiris, S. (2019). Systematic review and meta-analysis of augmented reality in educational settings. Virtual Reality. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10055-019-00379-9.
- Gavish, N., Gutierrez, T., Webel, S., Rodríguez, J., Peveri, M., Bockholt, U. & Tecchia, F. (2015). Evaluating virtual reality and augmented reality training for industrial maintenance and assembly tasks. Interactive Learning Environments, 23(6), 778-798. https://doi.org/10.1080/10494820.2013.815221.
- Gu, J., Li, N., & Duh, H. B.-L. (2011). A remote mobile collaborative AR system for learning in physics. In Virtual Reality Conference (VR), IEEE, 257-258. https://doi.org/10.1109/VR.2011.5759496.
- Gün, E. T., & Atasoy, B. (2017). The effects of augmented reality on elementary school students’ spatial ability and academic achievement. Egitim ve Bilim, 42(191), 86-93.
- Gutiérrez de Ravé, E., Jiménez-Hornero, F., Ariza Villaverde, A., & Taguas-Ruiz, J. (2016). Mobile augmented reality system apply to Descriptive Geometry learning, 4741-4751. https://doi.org/10.21125/edulearn.2016.2139.
- Han, J., Jo, M., Hyun, E., & So, H.-J. (2015). Examining young children’s perception toward augmented reality-infused dramatic play. Educational Technology Research and Development, 63(3), 455-474. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-015-9374-9.
- Hsiao, K.-F. (2012). Using augmented reality for students healthcase of combining educational learning with standard ﬁtness. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 1, 1-15.
- Hsiao, K.-F., Chen, N.-S. & Huang, S.-Y. (2012). Learning while exercising for science education in augmented reality among adolescents. Interactive Learning Environments, 20(4), 331-349. https://doi.org/10.1080/10494820.2010.486682.
- Hsu, T. C. (2017). Learning English with augmented reality: Do learning styles matter? Computers & Education, 106, 137-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2016.12.007.
- Huang, Y., Li, H., & Fong, R. (2016). Using augmented reality in early art education: A case study in Hong Kong kindergarten. Early Child Development and Care, 186(6), 879-894. https://doi.org/10.1080/03004430.2015.1067888.
- Hung, Y. H., Chen, C. H., & Huang, S. W. (2017). Applying augmented reality to enhance learning: A study of different teaching materials. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 33(3), 252-266. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcal.12173.
- Hwang, G.-J., & Tsai, C.-C. (2011). Research trends in mobile and ubiquitous learning: A review of publications in selected journals from 2001 to 2010. British Journal of Educational Technology, 42(4), 65-70. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2011.01183.x.
- Hwang, G.-J., Tsai, C.-C., Chu, H.-C., Kinshuk, K., & Chen, C.-Y. (2012). A context-aware ubiquitous learning approach to conducting scientific inquiry activities in a science park. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 28(5), 931-947. https://doi.org/10.14742/ajet.825.
- Ibáñez, M. B., Di Serio, A., Villarán, D., & Kloos, C.D. (2014). Experimenting with electromagnetism using augmented reality: Impact on flow student experience and educational effectiveness. Computers & Education, 71, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2013.09.004.
- Joo-Nagata, J., Abad, F. M., Giner, J. G. B., & García-Peñalvo, F. J. (2017). Augmented reality and pedestrian navigation through its implementation in m-learning and e-learning: Evaluation of an educational program in Chile. Computers & Education, 111, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.04.003.
- Juan, M. (2016). A mobile augmented reality system for the learning of dental morphology. Digital Education Review, 30, 234-247.
- Kamarainen, A. M., Metcalf, S., Grotzer, T., Browne, A., Mazzuca, D., Tutwiler M. S., et al. (2013). EcoMOBILE: Integrating augmented reality and probeware with environmental education field trips. Computers & Education, 68, 545-556. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2013.02.018.
- Kaufmann, H. (2006). The potential of augmented reality indynamic geometry education. 12th International conference on geometry and graphics (ISGG6-10), Salvador, Brazil.
- Kaufmann, H., & Schmalstieg, D. (2003). Mathematics and geometry education with collaborative augmented reality. Computers & Graphics, 27(3), 339-345. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0097-8493(03)00028-1.
- Kaufmann, H., Steinbügl, K., Dünser, A., & Glück, J. (2005). General Training of Spatial Abilities by Geometry Education in Augmented Reality. Annual Review of CyberTherapy and Telemedicine. A Decade of VR, 3, 65-76.
- Kerawalla, L., Luckin, R., Seljeflot, S., & Woolard, A. (2006). «Making it real»: Exploring the potential of augmented reality for teaching primary school science. Virtual Reality, 10(3-4), 163-174. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10055-006-0036-4.
- Kirner, T. G., Reis, F. M. V., & Kirner, C. (2012). Development of an interactive book with Augmented Reality for teaching and learning geometric shapes. Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, CISTI, 1, 1-6.
- Kiryakidi, S. (2014). Augmented reality and the prospects for its use in the construction industry. Retrieved on September 30, 2019 from http://isicad.ru/ru/articles.php?article_num=16724.
- Li, J., Spek, E., Feijs, L., Wang, F., & Hu, J. (2017). Augmented Reality Games for Learning: A Literature Review. Distributed, Ambient and Pervasive Interactions, 1, 612-626. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58697-7_46.
- Lin, C. Y., & Chang, Y. M. (2015). Interactive augmented reality using Scratch 2.0 to improve physical activities for children with developmental disabilities. Research in developmental disabilities, 37, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2014.10.016.
- Lin, H.-C. K., Chen, M.-C., & Chang, C.-K. (2015). Assessing the effectiveness of learning solid geometry by using an augmented reality-assisted learning system. Interactive Learning Environments, 23(6), 799-810. https://doi.org/10.1080/10494820.2013.817435.
- Lin, H.-C. K., Hsieh, M.-C., Wang, C.-H., Sie, Z.-Y. & Chang, S.-H. (2011). Establishment and usability evaluation of an interactive AR learning system on conservation of fish. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 10(4), 181-187.
- Lindgren, R., & Johnson-Glenberg, M. C. (2013). Emboldened by embodiment six precepts for research on embodied learning and mixed reality. Educational researcher, 42(8), 445-452. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X13511661.
- Liu, P. H. E., & Tsai, M. K. (2013). Using augmented-reality-based mobile learning material in EFL English composition: An exploratory case study. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44(1), 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2012.01302.x.
- Lu, S.-J. & Liu, Y.-C. (2015). Integrating augmented reality technology to enhance children’s learning in marine education. Environmental Education Research, 21(4), 525-541. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504622.2014.911247.
- Martin-Gutiérrez, J. M., & Fernandez, M. D. M. (2014). Applying augmented reality in engineering education to improve academic performance & student motivation. International journal of engineering education, 30(3), 625-635.
- Martin-Gutiérrez, J. M., García-Domínguez, M., Roca-González, C., Sanjuán-Hernan Pérez, A., & Mato-Carrodeguas, C. (2013). Comparative Analysis Between Training Tools in Spatial Skills for Engineering Graphics Students Based in Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and PDF3D Technologies, Procedia Computer Science, 25, 360-363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2013.11.043.
- Martín-Gutiérrez, J., Saorín, J. L., Contero, M., Alcañiz, M., Pérez-López, D. C., & Ortega, M. (2010). Design and validation of an augmented book for spatial abilities development in engineering students. Computers & Graphics, 34(1), 77-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cag.2009.11.003.
- Matsutomo, S., Miyauchi, T., Noguchi, S., & Yamashita, H. (2009). Real-Time Visualization System of Magnetic Field Utilizing Augmented Reality Technology for Education. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics - IEEE TRANS MAGN, 48, 531-534. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2174208.
- McMahon, D. D., Cihak, D. F., Wright, R. E., & Bell, S. M. (2016). Augmented reality for teaching science vocabulary to postsecondary education students with intellectual disabilities and autism. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 48(1), 38-56. https://doi.org/10.1080/15391523.2015.1103149.
- Medina, E., Chen, Y.-C., & Weghorst, S. J. (2008). Understanding Biochemistry with Augmented Reality. Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2007, 4235-4239.
- Motokawa, Y., & Saito, H. (2006). Support system for guitar playing using augmented reality display. Mixed and Augmented Reality, ISMAR. IEEE/ACM International Symposium, 1, 243 –244. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2006.297825.
- Munoz-Cristobal, J. A., Jorrin-Abellan, I. M., Asensio-Perez, J. I., Martinez-Mones, A., Prieto, L. P., & Dimitriadis, Y. (2015). Supporting teacher orchestration in ubiquitous learning environments: A study in primary education. Learning Technologies. IEEE Transactions on Learning, 8(1), 83-97. https://doi.org/10.1109/TLT.2014.2370634.
- Odeh, S., Shanab, S. A., Anabtawi, M., & Hodrob, R. (2012). Remote augmented reality engineering labs. Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), IEEE, 1, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/EDUCON.2012.6201162.
- Pellas, N., Fotaris, P., Kazanidis, I., & Wells, D. (2018). Augmenting the learning experience in primary and secondary school education: a systematic review of recent trends in augmented reality game-based learning. VR in Education, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10055-018-0347-2.
- Pérez-López, D., Contero, M., & Alcãiz, M. (2010). Collaborative development of an augmented reality application for digestive and circulatory systems teaching. In Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), IEEE 10th International Conference, 173-175. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICALT.2010.54.
- Pires, J. F., Vecchia, L. D., & Borda, A. A. Das. (2016). Transiting between Representation Technologies and Teaching/Learning Descriptive Geometry: Reflections in an Architectural Context. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-0029-2.ch011.
- Radu, I. (2012). Why should my students use AR? A comparative review of the educational impacts of Augmented-Reality. ISMAR 2012 - 11th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality 2012, Science and Technology Papers, 1, 313-314. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2012.6402590.
- Radu, I. (2014). Augmented reality in education: A meta-review and cross-media analysis. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 18, 1533-1543. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-013-0747-y.
- Safar, A. H., Al-Jafar, A. A., & Al-Yousefi, Z. H. (2017). The effectiveness of using augmented reality apps in teaching the English alphabet to kindergarten children: A case study in the State of Kuwait. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, 13(2), 417-440. https://doi.org/10.12973/eurasia.2017.00624a.
- Saidin, N. F., Abd Halim, N. D., & Yahaya, N. (2015). A Review of Research on Augmented Reality in Education. Advantages and Applications. International Education Studies, 8(13), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n13p1.
- Salinas, P., & Pulido, R. (2017). Understanding the conics through augmented reality. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, 13(2), 341-354. https://doi.org/10.12973/eurasia.2017.00620a.
- Santos, M. E. C., Chen, A., Taketomi, T., Yamamoto, G., Miyazaki, J., & Kato, H. (2014). Augmented reality learning experiences: Survey of prototype design and evaluation. IEEE Transactions on Learning, 7(1), 38-56. https://doi.org/10.1109/TLT.2013.37.
- Saracchini, R., Catalina, C., & Bordoni, L. (2015). A Mobile Augmented Reality Assistive Technology for the Elderly. Comunicar, 23(45), 65-73. https://doi.org/10.3916/C45-2015-07.
- Shelton, B. E., & Hedley, N. R. (2002). Using augmented reality for teaching earth-sun relationship to undergraduate geography students. The First IEEE International Augmented Reality Toolkit Workshop, 1, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1109/ART.2002.1106948.
- Shelton, B. E., & Hedley, N. R. (2003). Exploring a Cognitive Basis for Learning Spatial Relationships with Augmented Reality. ITLS Faculty Publications, 1, 24-35.
- Simeone, L., & Iaconesi, S. (2010). Toys++ ar embodied agents as tools to learn by building. In Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), IEEE 10th International Conference, 649-650. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICALT.2010.184.
- Simeone, L., & Iaconesi, S. (2011). Anthropological conversations: Augmented reality enhanced artifacts to foster education in cultural anthropology. In Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), 2011 11th IEEE International Conference, 126–128. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICALT.2011.43.
- Sin, A. K., & Halimah, B. Z. (2010). Live Solar System (LSS): Evaluation of an Augmented Reality book-based educational tool, 1, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ITSIM.2010.5561320.
- Singhal, S., Bagga, S., Goyal, P., & Saxena, V. (2012). Augmented Chemistry: Interactive Education System. International Journal of Computer Applications, 49(15), 1-5. https://doi.org/10.5120/7700-1041.
- Sırakaya, M., & Alsancak Sırakaya, D. (2018). Trends in Educational Augmented Reality Studies: A Systematic Review. Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Technology, 6, 2-17. https://doi.org/10.17220/mojet.2018.02.005.
- Sommerauer, P., & Müller, O. (2014). Augmented reality in informal learning environments: A field experiment in a mathematics exhibition. Computers & Education, 79, 59-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2014.07.013.
- Sotiriou, S. A., & Bogner, F. X. (2008). Visualizing the invisible: Augmented reality as an innovative science education scheme. Advanced Science Letters, 1(1), 114-122. https://doi.org/10.1166/asl.2008.012.
- Squire, K. D., & Jan, M. (2007). Mad City Mystery: Developing scientific argumentation skills with a place-based augmented reality game on handheld computers. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 16(1), 5-29. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956-006-9037-z.
- Squire, K. D., & Klopfer, E. (2007). Augmented reality simulations on handheld computers. The Journal of the Learning Sciences, 16(3), 371-413. https://doi.org/10.1080/10508400701413435.
- Sumadio, D. D., & Rambli, D. R. A. (2010). Preliminary evaluation on user acceptance of the augmented reality use for education. Computer Engineering and Applications (ICCEA), Second International Conference, 2, 461–465. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCEA.2010.239.
- Tarng, W., & Ou, K.-L. (2012). A study of campus butterﬂy ecology learning system based on augmented reality and mobile learning. Wireless, Mobile and Ubiquitous Technology in Education (WMUTE), IEEE Seventh International Conference, 1, 62–66. https://doi.org/10.1109/WMUTE.2012.17.
- Tekederea, H., & Göke, H. (2016). Examining the Effectiveness of Augmented Reality Applications in Education: A Meta-Analysis. International journal of environmental & science education, 11(16), 9469-9481.
- Tretyakova, Z. O., & Merkulova, V. A. (2017). Augmented reality is a new step in the study of descriptive geometry. Proceedings of the XI St. Petersburg Congress «Professional Education, Science and Innovation in the XXI Century», St. Petersburg, 268-269.
- Tretyakova, Z. O., Belov, N. V., Dementyeva, A. V., Otkupshikova, I. A., & Reskov, K. N. (2018). Augmented reality in the learning process. Proceedings of the ХLII student international scientific-practical conference «Scientific community of students: interdisciplinary research», Novosibirsk: Publishing House “SibAK”, 7(42), 112-118.
- Tretyakova, Z. O., Merkulova, V. A., & Voronina, M. V. (2018). АR-technologies in the study of engineering graphics. Proceedings of the XII St. Petersburg Congress «Professional Education, Science and Innovation in the XXI Century”, St. Petersburg, 240-241.
- Veide, Z., Stroževa, V., & Dobelis, M. (2014). Application of Augmented Reality for Teaching Descriptive Geometry and Engineering Graphics Course to First-Year Students. ICIT, 1-7.
- Wang, Y. H. (2017). Exploring the Effectiveness of Integrating Augmented Reality-Based Materials to Support Writing Activities. Computers & Education, 113, 162-176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2017.04.013.
- Wang, Y. H. (2017). Using augmented reality to support a software editing course for college students. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 33(5), 532-546. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcal.12199.
- Wei, X., Weng, D., Liu, Y., & Wang, Y. (2015). Teaching based on augmented reality for a technical creative design course. Computers & Education, 81, 221-234. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2014.10.017.
- Wu, H.-K., Lee, S. W.-Y., Chang, H.-Y., & Liang, J.-C. (2013). Current status, opportunities and challenges of augmented reality in education. Computers & Education, 62, 41-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2012.10.024.
- Wu, W.-H., Wu, Y.-C.J., Chen, C.-Y., Kao, H.-Y., Lin, C.-H., & Huang, S.-H. (2012). Review of trends from mobile learning studies: A meta-analysis. Computers & Education, 59(2), 817-827. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2012.03.016.
- Yang, S., Mei, B., & Yue, X. (2018). Mobile Augmented Reality Assisted Chemical Education: Insights from Elements 4D. Journal of Chemical Education, 95, 1060-1062. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jchemed.8b00017.
- Yilmaz, R. M. (2018). Augmented Reality Trends in Education between 2016 and 2017 Years, State of the Art Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Knowhow, IntechOpen. https://doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.74943.
- Yilmaz, R. M., Kucuk, S., & Goktas, Y. (2016). Are augmented reality picture books magic or real for preschool children aged five to six?: Augmented Reality Picture Books for Preschool Students. British Journal of Educational Technology, 48, 265-276. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjet.12452.
- Yoon, S. A., Elinich, K., Wang, J., Steinmeier, C., & Tucker, S. (2012). Using augmented reality and knowledge-building scaffolds to improve learning in a science museum. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, 7(4), 519-541. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11412-012-9156-x.
- Yu, D., Jin, J. S., Luo, S., Lai, W., & Huang, Q. (2009). A useful visualization technique: A literature review for augmented reality and its application, limitation & future direction. Visual information communication, 1, 311-337. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-0312-9_21.
- Zainuddin, N. M. M., Badioze Zaman, H. Z., & Ahmad, A. (2010). A participatory design in developing prototype an Augmented Reality Book for deaf students. 2nd International Conference on Computer Research and Development, ICCRD 2010, 400-404. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCRD.2010.55.
- Zarraonandia, T., Aedo, I., Díaz, P. M., & Montero, A. (2013). An augmented lecture feedback system to support learner and teacher communication. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44(4), 616-628. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjet.12047.
- Zhang, J., Sung, Y.-T., Hou, H.-T., & Chang, K.-E. (2014). The development and evaluation of an augmented reality-based armillary sphere for astronomical observation instruction. Computers & Education, 73, 178-188. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2014.01.003.
How to cite this article
Voronina, M. V., Tretyakova, Z. O., Krivonozhkina, E. G., Buslaev, S. I., & Sidorenko, G. G. (2019). Augmented Reality in Teaching Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics – Systematic Review and Results of the Russian Teachers’ Experience. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(12), em1816. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/113503
Voronina MV, Tretyakova ZO, Krivonozhkina EG, Buslaev SI, Sidorenko GG. Augmented Reality in Teaching Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics – Systematic Review and Results of the Russian Teachers’ Experience. EURASIA J Math Sci Tech Ed. 2019;15(12):em1816. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/113503
Voronina MV, Tretyakova ZO, Krivonozhkina EG, Buslaev SI, Sidorenko GG. Augmented Reality in Teaching Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics – Systematic Review and Results of the Russian Teachers’ Experience. EURASIA J Math Sci Tech Ed. 2019;15(12), em1816. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/113503
Voronina, Marianna V., Zlata O. Tretyakova, Ekaterina G. Krivonozhkina, Stanislav I. Buslaev, and Grigory G. Sidorenko. "Augmented Reality in Teaching Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics – Systematic Review and Results of the Russian Teachers’ Experience". Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education 2019 15 no. 12 (2019): em1816. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/113503
Voronina, M. V., Tretyakova, Z. O., Krivonozhkina, E. G., Buslaev, S. I., and Sidorenko, G. G. (2019). Augmented Reality in Teaching Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics – Systematic Review and Results of the Russian Teachers’ Experience. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 15(12), em1816. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/113503
Voronina, Marianna V. et al. "Augmented Reality in Teaching Descriptive Geometry, Engineering and Computer Graphics – Systematic Review and Results of the Russian Teachers’ Experience". Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, vol. 15, no. 12, 2019, em1816. https://doi.org/10.29333/ejmste/113503